At Atanassov & Ivanov our Tax and Planning services are fully integrated of our Corporate and Commercial services. As a result, we provide clients with both a broad range of general commercial skills and highly technical tax knowledge in areas of:
- Tax policy matters;
- Tax Due diligence;
- Corporate taxation;
- Taxation of individuals;
- Value added tax (VAT);
- Excise and duties;
- Registration procedures before tax authorities;
- Interpretation and application of Agreements on avoidance of double taxation to which Republic of Bulgaria is a party;
- Advising with clients' accountants and auditors;
- Tax levying acts;
- Legal advice on financial statements;
- Taxable and tax-exempt financing;
- Public and private securities offerings;
- Tax litigation and other tax controversy work before authorities;
- Joint ventures;
- Financial instruments;
- Project financings and other complex credit transactions;
- Partnership taxation;
- Manufacturing and distribution arrangements;
- Public and private debt financings.
Atanassov & Ivanov represent a variety of clients including domestic and international public corporations, private companies (such as limited liability and joint-stock companies), partnerships, non-profit organizations (associations and foundations), and individuals. Our experience includes numerous disputes on various tax issues, including representation on major CIT and VAT cases. We also advice an Austrian construction company in connection with their project for reconstruction of the Sofia Airport.
Recent work includes advice to the Bulgarian distributor of Japan automobiles on withholding tax issues as well as advice to the Bulgarian representative of the world's largest manufacturer of chewing gum on VAT and customs issues.